Sanctuary: Shattered Sun Community

Welcome to the Sanctuary: Shattered Sun Community – your hub for an RTS game with earth-shattering weapons! As our development team nears game launch, stay updated with the latest insights. Jump in and create an account to:

• 🗣️ Engage and Connect: Participate in lively game discussions with fellow fans and mingle with the development team.
  • 🛡️ Show Your Allegiance: Proudly display your chosen faction (EDA, Guard, Chosen) and let your loyalty shine.
  • 🔗 Expand Your Network: Seamlessly link your Steam account, opening the door to new friendships or formidable adversaries.
  • 🚀 Access Mods, Maps, and More: Discover the best Sanctuary mods and maps, all at your fingertips.

Join us today!

Your wish list for a single player campaign

Al

Community Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
oldgamr.net
What features would you want to see in a Sanctuary: Shattered Sun campaign?

Enormous maps?
An easy learning curve?
Tutorial mission?
Infiltration missions? (Taking a small group of units into the sphere itself.)
Flooded missions so have to only use navy?

Anything else you’d like to see?

I would definitely start by saying I would like to see a tutorial mission when it comes to the single-player campaign. No matter how many games you play that will be similar, there is always something different and being able to work on a tutorial to better understand everything I always feel is necessary.

Enormous maps I am not too sure about, I guess if there was a use for enormous maps within the campaign that could work but if not, it could be a waste.

I would definitely start by saying I would like to see a tutorial mission when it comes to the single-player campaign. No matter how many games you play that will be similar, there is always something different and being able to work on a tutorial to better understand everything I always feel is necessary.

Enormous maps I am not too sure about, I guess if there was a use for enormous maps within the campaign that could work but if not, it could be a waste.
I would prefer a warcraft 3 way where you had the prelude and demo as a optional tutorial

I would prefer a warcraft 3 way where you had the prelude and demo as a optional tutorial
That could work and would be ideal for those who were not interested in taking part in a tutorial and just wanted to jump into the game straight away.

Every new campaign in supcom offers the player a chance to play a skippable tutorial. That’s a fairly decent option.

Personally I'd like to see a campaign thats more unique than multiplayer/skirmish, such as a mission designed around the weather mechanic, as an example you could be put on a map where the weather controller has been sabotaged or malfunctioned causing even more extreme weather than what you would normally see, this could effect your units even more so, there could be safe regions or areas on the map to capture that give protection against the elements, this could be a timed thing such as every 5 minutes the weather becomes extreme and you must get your units outside of its influence or lose them, im sure you get the point.

I also believe a unique system like with StarCraft 2 the heart of the swarm where you have the ability to select upgrades for units, this could range from stat buffs from more health or faster build times to units you normally wouldn't have access too, or special abilities you can use, like for example an orbital strike, something that allows you to carry over progression through your entire playthrough of the game.

I personally believe the campaign should be heavily focused on the story, SupCom's story was overshadowed by its gameplay in my opinion there was story but you would normally just ignore it in favor of just completing the mission and moving on to the next, I'd like to actually be invested in the story and caring about the characters and what happens to them. Since i am on the topic of story i suggest having the campaign similar to the second game where each faction has their own separate story leading to their separate outcomes or consequences, allowing players to pick their own outcomes could also lead to a more invested story where instead of following the dialogue you are actively participating in whats going on and having to face the consequences of your actions whether that be immediate or down the line, i dont entirely know how this will work for co-op but i'd imagine the host picks and the second player either gets no choice or can just vote while leaving the decision ultimately to the host.

I will say that i am not a developer so i don't know how well any of these suggestions would fair inside the game but i personally believe sticking away from just plain skirmish battles like "Hey commander, you've spawned at this place, kill that other commander" and instead be more story focused, with ofc killing commanders but not that being the end goal for every single mission, variety will make it refreshing and not feel like you're playing skirmish with people talking in the background.

I'm excited to see what you guys come up with when the kickstarter reaches its campaign stretch mark :)

• Love
Reactions: Al
A scenario with broken weather sounds amazing
Honestly i'd love to give more suggestions on missions and the elements inside but i dont wanna spam this chat or leave one colossal message :LOL:

Reactions: Al
@Killerco - I can probably figure something out. We have a suggestions forum. The devs @nine2 / @Special_Bread are really keen for suggestions to be posted here as it helps with organising ideas into logical threads.

I’ll look to implement a prefix feature in the suggestions forum.

Campaign mode
Mulitplayer
Maps
Units

Better to assist the dev team in cataloguing the fantastic ideas this community has.

Definitely want some solid tutorializing in the campaign. Don't need it to handhold me through the basics like "build 3 infantry and move them to the flag", but a gradual on ramp to let me learn how to use a couple units at a time would be great. A campaign that goes through all the factions (or separate for each) would be a great chance to pick up lore and learn the units.

I'd love to see some 'choices matter' style implementations. So, for example, you have a mission to kill or capture a civilian unit. Your choice determines a feature in the next mission. Perhaps by capturing you get an intel boost for the next battle whereas killing it means an increase in aggression for your next engagement.

Definitely want some solid tutorializing in the campaign. Don't need it to handhold me through the basics like "build 3 infantry and move them to the flag", but a gradual on ramp to let me learn how to use a couple units at a time would be great. A campaign that goes through all the factions (or separate for each) would be a great chance to pick up lore and learn the units.
I don't know how you can make the perfect tutorial because each user is different. Some will need to tell them each little thing and other like to figure out on there own.
Like if you don't tell the shift key some RTS can be way more challenging

Someone must have been responsible for introducing life forms of sanctuary, modifying their DNA and adapting them to different climates, nurturing them and making sure that the eco system is stable.

I'd love to see a mission where that guy goes crazy and starts inventing life forms to kill you ... robot dinosaurs, real dinosaurs, deer, killer plants.

Enormous maps?
An easy learning curve?
Tutorial mission?

Easy learning curve is most important part for all new games because how can one play if he doesn't understand the game mechanics?
Enormous maps are an interesting idea because some people enjoy exploring map with no rush.
Sadly game is still not available on Steam and even it comes, it will be paid, I am sure. So can't give good advice on this.

I would definitely start by saying I would like to see a tutorial mission
I am in opinion, that best than having tutorials per say, is basically having a campaign, which progressively allows player, to have more options.
By the time of later missions, player will be familiar with most of mechanics, with some additional units / structures yet to reveal.

I love campaign concept from Warzone 2100.
Basically starting with small permitted area on the map, and as mission progress, areas of map are getting unlocked.

I am in opinion, that best than having tutorials per say, is basically having a campaign, which progressively allows player, to have more options.
By the time of later missions, player will be familiar with most of mechanics, with some additional units / structures yet to reveal.

I love campaign concept from Warzone 2100.
Basically starting with small permitted area on the map, and as mission progress, areas of map are getting unlocked
I like that and never actually thought of doing it that way but it makes sense. Learning as you play the actual campaign.

When I think about it, most tend to skip the tutorials so doing it this way seems a lot better.

Enormous maps?
An easy learning curve?
Tutorial mission?

for the last mission a hybrid of a boss battle and army fight where you cannot cheese the boss and need actual tactics to kill it. maybe it would try to attack your base while other armies are keeping you under pressure. a True test of all you learned

Someone must have been responsible for introducing life forms of sanctuary, modifying their DNA and adapting them to different climates, nurturing them and making sure that the eco system is stable.

I'd love to see a mission where that guy goes crazy and starts inventing life forms to kill you ... robot dinosaurs, real dinosaurs, deer, killer plants.
tried this on discord... sadly sanctuary is too grounded into physics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back