Sanctuary: Shattered Sun Community

Welcome to the Sanctuary: Shattered Sun Community – your hub for an RTS game with earth-shattering weapons! As our development team nears game launch, stay updated with the latest insights. Jump in and create an account to:

• 🗣️ Engage and Connect: Participate in lively game discussions with fellow fans and mingle with the development team.
  • 🛡️ Show Your Allegiance: Proudly display your chosen faction (EDA, Guard, Chosen) and let your loyalty shine.
  • 🔗 Expand Your Network: Seamlessly link your Steam account, opening the door to new friendships or formidable adversaries.
  • 🚀 Access Mods, Maps, and More: Discover the best Sanctuary mods and maps, all at your fingertips.

Join us today!

potential issues

amx_50B

Banger
The Chosen
Reaction score
let's start with an easy one.
How lore wise do you tell that planes never need to refuel
less easy one
if there is no barrier in gameplay does that mean i can send a transport 1000km behind me to a great alloy spot, mine it and have a very great alloy production without me the need to expand (or i could just send my commander to the other side of sanctary) ?

Solar panels?
1) i don t see the chosen or the guard having solar pannel on their planes
2) is the light projected by the mirror powerfull enought
3)if solar pannel are so advanced that 100% of the light is used for energy, why didn't they built sonar pannel under the dyson sphere
also since they is no atmosphere how is it possible that there is life and human since they take 100% UV light without any filter ? because they should all die because of cancers (apart if you are in a bunker or under the water)

You're missing the elephant in the room; why is there daylight if the sun is surrounded by a dyson sphere?

The reason: the game would be less fun it was realistically lit (as in, really gosh darn dark).

You're missing the elephant in the room; why is there daylight if the sun is surrounded by a dyson sphere?

The reason: the game would be less fun it was realistically lit (as in, really gosh darn dark).
responce : they have mirrors and holes to let the light get out of sanctuary

let's start with an easy one.
How lore wise do you tell that planes never need to refuel
less easy one
if there is no barrier in gameplay does that mean i can send a transport 1000km behind me to a great alloy spot, mine it and have a very great alloy production without me the need to expand (or i could just send my commander to the other side of sanctary) ?
We have talked about it in discord. Who said they don't need to refuel? It is just not the needed mechanic. Even if those planes only had a very small time of flight of just an hour, it would be longer then most of the games, so there is no reason to add it.

3)if solar pannel are so advanced that 100% of the light is used for energy, why didn't they built sonar pannel under the dyson sphere
also since they is no atmosphere how is it possible that there is life and human since they take 100% UV light without any filter ? because they should all die because of cancers (apart if you are in a bunker or under the water)
Huh????? The Dyson sphere is literally solar panels on the inside harvesting unlimited energy. And we have talked about UV light and that it can be easily filtered out if not by atmosphere that will 100% be there, then by filters on the holes that let light come through

Sanctuary has holes all around it with space mirrors above, so light comes out of them and gets redirected by these mirrors back to the surface. And since those mirrors are controlled, it is possible to simulate brightness of day and night by gradually decreasing the reflective area of the mirrors. You can even see those mirror satellites around Sanctuary on multiple images done by developers

Solar panels?
Solar panels are not effective enough to reliably supply the plane with such a technology, especially Chosen planes that have shields

Solar panels are not effective enough to reliably supply the plane with such a technology, especially Chosen planes that have shields
Yes, in 2023 I agree. 700 years in the future? How certain are you? You need to get your head out of science fact and into science fiction.

Yes, in 2023 I agree. 700 years in the future? How certain are you? You need to get your head out of science fact and into science fiction.
In 700 years you still can't extract more power then sunlight actually has, laws of thermodynamics are still there.

In 700 years you still can't extract more power then sunlight actually has, laws of thermodynamics are still there.
And if they had solar panels with 100% efficiency, the air units would be 100% black in that spots, but they aren't and Chosen are even shiny, which is the opposite of what you need with solar panels

If I met you in 1323 and told you we would use the sun to generate "electricity" with "photovoltaic cells" you would call me a witch and I'd be burned at the stake.

If I met you in 1323 and told you we would use the sun to generate "electricity" with "photovoltaic cells" you would call me a witch and I'd be burned at the stake.
The problem is, in future you still can not break the laws of physics, at least not with the narrative we have in Sanctuary. Solar panels suck for something that is relatively small in surface area size and has to consume a lot of energy. Fusion reactors, which is already used technology in Sanctuary exits, and are hundreds of times better then solar panels to be used for units. Land units also need energy to move, but Amx_50B didn't think of it for some reason and definitely didn't suggest to put a solar panel on them. The argument of "future technology" doesn't work if there is technology that is better at doing this job already. Even if they had solar panels that have impossible 200% efficiency, they would still be inferior to fusion reactors.

The problem is, in future you still can not break the laws of physics.
Agreed, and we're not talking about breaking the laws of physics. We have a fictional setting where humanity has built a Dyson Sphere around our star. That's unfeasible. To suggest that we won't have advances in technology in 200 years which make solar power significantly more efficient than what we have now is a moot point. In 1323 solar power would have been used to keep warm and very little else. Anything - at that time - suggested which applied to 2023 level technology would have been discounted as witchcraft.

Agreed, and we're not talking about breaking the laws of physics. We have a fictional setting where humanity has built a Dyson Sphere around our star. That's unfeasible. To suggest that we won't have advances in technology in 200 years which make solar power significantly more efficient than what we have now is a moot point. In 1323 solar power would have been used to keep warm and very little else. Anything - at that time - suggested which applied to 2023 level technology would have been discounted as witchcraft.
Building a giant superstructure is not feasible, but it is possible, unlicke such solar panels with law beeaking efficiency, you can't run a plane that shoots plasma or lasers and having shield in Chosen case by using solar panel, you just can't, and rememberthat it is not always day or not always a good weather. If enemy has weather controller, he can just create constant snow storm and solar panels are useless. . And yea, there are better things than Dyson Sphere for such needs, but we won't have the game without the sphere, but also we can have perfectly normal air units without solar panels, it doesn't change anything for game or lore except adding illogical plot hole. This is like another idea of AMX of having possibility to build solar panels over holes of the sphere to get energy, when you already have the Sanctuary itself with unlimited power and all you need is to just tap into it, building own solar panels in such a way is useless.

Ok. We’ll just agree to disagree. It’s a moot point anyway.

Building a giant superstructure is not feasible, but it is possible, unlicke such solar panels with law beeaking efficiency, you can't run a plane that shoots plasma or lasers and having shield in Chosen case by using solar panel, you just can't, and rememberthat it is not always day or not always a good weather. If enemy has weather controller, he can just create constant snow storm and solar panels are useless. . And yea, there are better things than Dyson Sphere for such needs, but we won't have the game without the sphere, but also we can have perfectly normal air units without solar panels, it doesn't change anything for game or lore except adding illogical plot hole. This is like another idea of AMX of having possibility to build solar panels over holes of the sphere to get energy, when you already have the Sanctuary itself with unlimited power and all you need is to just tap into it, building own solar panels in such a way is useless.
well if you have sanctuary itself WHY DO YOU NEED TO BUILT PLASMA GENERATOR ?

well if you have sanctuary itself WHY DO YOU NEED TO BUILT PLASMA GENERATOR ?
To convert energy of the Sanctuary into an energy resource that is actually transportable, no? All of the units are most likely to be using fusion reactors, and they use fuel to create plasma that creates energy, so yea, plasma as a resource. Well, plasma itself is trash energy storage resource, but fuel that can be turned into plasma easily is, so yea, to create plasma

To convert energy of the Sanctuary into an energy resource that is actually transportable, no? All of the units are most likely to be using fusion reactors, and they use fuel to create plasma that creates energy, so yea, plasma as a resource. Well, plasma itself is trash energy storage resource, but fuel that can be turned into plasma easily is, so yea, to create plasma
well why not just put the energy into batteries into the units ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back